That pretty much encompasses ONE goal, for this year. So I will list it by itself...
- FIX UP HOMESTEAD
- H VAC
- Water Line
- Counter tops
- Fence property
- Dig new trench behind house and barn
- Set up new rabbitry
- Fix up chicken coops
... and those are just the things we need to do BEFORE we move in.
Those are really more like NEEDS than goals, but I can't exclude them from the list.
As for the rest of our goals...
- Process our first rabbits
- Breed my first litter of Creme d'Argents
- Improve my New Zealand Red line
- Sell my first breeding stock
- Set up wheat fodder system
- Convert 10 x 10 kennel into a grow-out cage for young rabbits
- Add second row of cages to rabbit shed and construct dropping board
- Acquire heritage breed chicken breeding stock
- Black Langshan or Faverolles (or both?)
- Cull remaining Silver Appleyard drakes
- Hatch Silver Appleyard ducklings to expand and improve breeding flock
Those are things I can (hopefully) accomplish before we move. Then there are a host of other things I'd like to see come to pass after we've settled into our new place:
- Purchase wood stove
- Build wrap around porch
- Build new bridge
- Acquire hair sheep breeding stock
- Pasture improvement through intensive grazing with movable electric netting
- Sale (meat, breeding stock, manure)
- Landscape homestead
- Plant native trees for shade, food, soil stabilization and wildlife
- Plant native plant butterfly garden
- Plant herb garden
- Seal pond on parents' property
- Repair road on parents' property
- Build trails on both properties
- Install water catchment systems on the house and barn roofs
- Install cistern on hillside for gravity fed watering system
I'm sure I could come up with many more, but we'll be doing well just to get MOVED IN, I think.
But then goals are just that - things that would be NICE to accomplish, but may not really come to pass.
It feels good to have a solid direction, with the overwhelming task of renovating and moving ahead of us, but I know we can do it!
I'm excited to see what 2015 has in store for us!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!